Do you love magic and puns? Why not combine them both? Magic puns are a fun way to add a dash of humor to any magic trick or performance. Whether you’re a professional magician, a magic enthusiast, or just someone who loves a good laugh, you’re sure to find a magic pun that will make you smile.
In this article, we’ve gathered magic puns that are sure to make your day magical. From short puns to funny jokes for kids, we’ve got you covered. So, sit back, relax, and get ready to laugh!
What are Magic Puns?
Puns are a form of wordplay that involve using words that have multiple meanings or sound similar to create a humorous effect. Magic puns take this a step further by incorporating magic-themed words and phrases into the mix.
Some of the most common magic puns involve words like “abra-ca-dabra,” “presto,” and “hocus-pocus.” These words are often used in magic shows and performances, and they lend themselves well to puns and jokes.
Best Short Magic Puns
- I used to be a magician, but I disappeared.
- I’m not a magician, but I can make your money disappear.
- Did you hear about the magician who was also a judge? He disappeared and was never seen again.
- Why did the magician break up with his girlfriend? She was a real trick.
- Did you hear about the magician who turned himself into a carrot? He wanted to see if he could pull himself out of a hat.
- What do you call a group of magicians? A sorcerority.
- Why did the magician get a duck for his act? It was his best quack.
- What do magicians use to shampoo their hair? Wands and wishes.
- Why did the magician go to the bank? He wanted to make a quick trick.
- What do you call a magician who does card tricks underwater? A deep presto.
- What did the magician say to the sandwich? “Abracado-ham!”
- What do you get when you cross a magician with a vegetable? A fennel-y illusion.
- Why don’t magicians ever tell jokes? They always disappear.
- Did you hear about the magician who could turn snakes into sticks? It was quite a hiss-terical trick.
- What do you call a magician who can’t do magic? A presto-digitation.
- What do you get when you cross a magician with a comedian? A jokesterific.
- Why did the magician get kicked out of the library? He kept trying to disappear with the books.
- What do you call a magician’s assistant who’s also a chef? A souffle-gician.
- Why did the magician get a boat? He wanted to make his audience sea-sick.
- Did you hear about the magician who could make himself fly? He was quite the high flier.
- What do you call a magician who only does tricks with chickens? A prestidigi-hen.
- Why did the magician go to the park? He wanted to do some sleight of hand.
- What do magicians use to make their hats disappear? You can’t hat-e it, it’s a secret.
- What do you call a magician’s wand? A spell-stick.
- Why did the magician join the choir? He wanted to make his voice disappear.
One-Liner Magic Puns
- I’m a magic philosophy major – I make things exist that don’t even exist in the first place!
- What do you call a magician who loses their magic? Ian.
- Did you hear about the magician who was arrested for doing a vanishing act? They let him go for lack of evidence.
- What do you get when you cross a magician with a boxer? Muhammad abracadabra!
- Why did the magician wear a top hat? To get ahead.
- When a magician gets bored, they say “abra-cad-abra-kalau!” and disappear.
- What do you call a sick magician? Abracadaver.
- Did you hear about the magician who got into a car accident? He turned his car into a tree-t!
- How does a magician prove they’re feeling sick? They pull a hanky out of their head.
- Why don’t magicians shop at thrift stores? All the card tricks have already been played.
- Why did the magician refuse to perform for a flat fee? He was afraid his act would fall flat.
- What do you call a magician who only does shows in winter? A frosty prestidigitator.
- Did you hear about the magician who performed inside a jail? He had a captive audience.
- Why do magicians make great musicians? They know how to presto a tune.
- What do you call a magician who’s also a scientist? A labracadabramist.
- Why did the magician start a garden? He wanted to make his own herb-a-cadabra.
- Did you hear about the magician who was banned from performing in restaurants? He kept disappearing with the spoons.
- Why did the magician cross the road? To get to the trick shop on the other side.
- How does a magician keep their garden healthy? With abracadra-nitrate.
- What do you call a magic dragon? A magi-Komodo.
- Why did the magician perform in a prison? He wanted to do some escape-ology.
- What did the magician say to the penguin? “Pick a card, any fish!”
- How do you make a magician’s wand disappear? Wave it goodbye.
- Why did the magician refuse to perform on the beach? He didn’t want to get sandwanded.
Funny Puns for Magic
- What do you call a magician’s frog? Ribbit-ale.
- Did you hear about the magician who kept making puns during his performance? He was expert in slight-of-pun.
- How many magicians does it take to change a light bulb? None, they just make the bulb disappear.
- What do you call a magician who performs in the jungle? Tarza-PRESTO!
- Why don’t magicians share their secrets? They want to keep them presto-pondrous.
- What do you call a magician who only performs for dogs? A kibbled prestidigitator.
- Why can’t skeletons be magicians? They can’t find the trick to getting flesh!
- What do you call a retired magician? A presto-pensioner.
- Why do magicians always have rabbits in their hats? Because bunnies multiply like nobody’s business.
- What does a magician’s rabbit say after a performance? Ta-da carrot!
- What do you get when you mix a magician with a hair stylist? Hocus-pocus with a comb!
- Why was the magician arrested for shoplifting? He was caught using sleight-of-hand in the clearance aisle.
- How do you magicians say hello? They wave their magic wands and say abracadabra-oo!
- Why did the magician refuse to perform for cows? He couldn’t find a moo-d.
- What do you call a magician who’s always on a boat? A prestidigi-sea-tor.
- What do you call a magician who only uses vegetables? A salad prestidigitator.
- Why did the magician start a band? He wanted to perform sleight-of-hand motions.
- What do magicians use to write notes? Abraca-paper.
- What’s the best way to keep a magician’s hat on their head? With a magic clip.
- Why did the magician become a detective? He had a knack for finding the trick.
- What do you call a magician who’s also a plumber? A magic pipe-liner.
- Why are magicians so good at cooking? They know the secret to making things disappear.
- What did the magician say to his audience before disappearing? “I’m off to make a quick vanishing act.”
- What’s the best way to make a magic trick go away? Say abracadabra-NOPE!
- Why did the magician have to stop eating bread? He was afraid the crust would make him saw-dough.
Best Magic Puns for Kids
- What do you call a magic owl? Hootini.
- How do you catch a magic fish? With a com-pole-stick!
- What do you call a magic cat? A spell-meow-ster.
- Why don’t magicians like to do tricks for ghosts? They always vanish before the trick is finished.
- What do you get when you cross magic with ice cream? Hocus-pocus cones!
- What do you call a magic bear? Presto-grizzly!
- Why did the magic rabbit join the army? He knew all about army tekticks.
- What do you call a magic scientist? A labra-cadabra-choo!
- Did you hear about the magic tomato who turned into a ketchup bottle? It was a saucy trick!
- What do you call a magic sheep? A wooly wizard.
- Why did the magic wand go to school? To get a degree in abracademics.
- What did the magician say to the bird that got caught in his hat? “Don’t worry, it’s just a feather-trick!”
- Why did the magic pencil disappear? It wanted to be the lead in a trick!
- What do you call a magic mouse? A sorcerer-cheese-er.
- How do you make a magic balloon disappear? You pop-abracadabra!
- Why did the magic banana go to school? To learn how to peel out of a trick.
- What do you call a magic horse? A presto-pinto.
- What do you get when you cross a magic fairy with a pirate? A magical treasure chest!
- Why did the magic frog go to the library? To check out spell-books.
- What do you call a magic squirrel? A nutty illusionist.
- How do you turn a regular deck of cards into a magic deck? You abracadabra-shuffle!
- What do you call a magic dragonfly? A wiz-ardfly.
- Why did the magic bee go to school? To learn how to abracadab-sting!
- What do you get when you cross a magic unicorn with a magician? A mysti-corn.
- Why did the magic flower lose its petals? It was a trick of nature!
Catchy magic puns used in movie
Certainly! Here are some magic puns used in movies:
- “Hocus Pocus” – “I put a spell on you, and now you’re mine!”
- “Now You See Me” – “The closer you look, the less you’ll see.”
- “The Prestige” – “Are you watching closely?”
- “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” – “Expecto patronum!”
- “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” – “You’re like Yoda, but hot.”
- “Enchanted” – “You have no power here, queeny.”
- “Bedknobs and Broomsticks” – “Substitutiary locomotion!”
- “Wizards of Waverly Place” – “No wand, no problem.”
- “Practical Magic” – “Roses are red, violets are blue, the Owens sisters are werewolves, woohoo!”
- “The Illusionist” – “If you look closely enough, everything has a trick to it.”
Magic puns are a fun and creative way to add humor to your conversations, performances, or even movies. From clever wordplay to silly jokes, these puns playfully combine magic with everyday life, often resulting in humorous, unexpected twists. Whether you’re a practicing magician, a magic enthusiast, or simply someone who appreciates a good pun, these magic puns are sure to make you smile and brighten up your day!