Airplane puns are a creative and amusing way to break the monotony of air travel. Whether you’re a frequent flyer or someone who only flies occasionally, airplane puns provide the perfect opportunity for a good laugh. From one-liners to funny quips, these puns are a surefire way to lighten the mood and make the flight more enjoyable.
In this article, we’ll share more than 121+ airplane puns that will have you chuckling all the way to your destination. Our list includes the best short airplane puns, funny puns for airplane enthusiasts, airplane puns for kids, and airplane puns used in movies. So buckle up, and get ready for puns that will take you higher.
What are Airplane Puns?
Airplane puns are plays on words that relate to air travel. They can be used in a variety of contexts such as social media captions, T-shirts, and as a way to lighten up an otherwise stressful flight. These puns often incorporate aviation jargon, plane wings, and other technical terms commonly used in the airline industry.
Now, let’s dive into the different types of airplane puns you can use to make your friends, family, and fellow passengers chuckle during your flight.
Best Short Airplane Puns
- Why did the plane go to the doctor? It was feeling a little run-down.
- How do airplanes stay up at night? They tell each other flying stories.
- How does a pilot jumpstart their plane? With a spark plug.
- Why do pilots carry pencils? To jot down notes on the fly.
- How does a plane get clean? With aero-soap.
- Why do planes always carry a first aid kit? Just in case they get a little air sick.
- What do you call a plane with a cold? A wheezy-jet.
- Why was the plane embarrassed? It saw the cockpit.
- Why do pilots make good comedians? They always have a captive audience.
- What did the airplane say before it took off? “Let’s jet outta here!”
- Why don’t airplanes like math? They prefer to take off at their own angles.
- How do airplanes like to be greeted when they arrive? With a wing and a landing gear.
- Why do airplanes make bad pets? They like to wing it too much.
- How do airplanes like to relax? With a little wing-chi.
- Why don’t pilots like to go on roller coasters? They prefer to create their own sudden drops.
- What’s a plane’s favorite song? “I Will Fly”
- How do you describe a plane that’s always late? Terminal-y tardy.
- Why did the plane refuse to fly? It had a bad engine.
- How do pilots stay cool during the summer? They turn on their flight fans.
- Why do airplanes always have life jackets on board? In case they need a flotation device.
- How do you describe an airplane that’s always tired? Aviation-lanche.
- What do you say to a plane that’s afraid of heights? “Don’t worry, you’re in good hands with me”
- Why was the airplane still hungry after dinner? It wanted to fly-tarian.
- How does a plane stay steady in turbulence? It uses its plane muscles.
- Why do planes make bad detectives? They’re always flying off the handle.
One-Liner Airplane Puns
- Why did the airplane cancel its appointment with the mechanic? It wanted to wingspire to new heights.
- The airplane passed its exam with flying colors!
- What do you call a plane with a cold? A sneezejet!
- Pilots like to fly high and arrive at their destination safely in the sky.
- How does an airplane stay fit? By doing fly-yoga.
- What does an airplane say to its copilot after a long flight? “Plane-fully tired!”
- Why did the plane refuse to fly with the geese? It didn’t want to compromise its altitude.
- What did the airplane say when it landed on the runway? “I’m jet-lagged!”
- How do airplanes like to be challenged? With takeoff and landing games.
- Why was the airplane scared of the wing? It was afraid of flying too close to the sun.
- How do you describe a plane’s favorite fruit? High-flying apples!
- What do you call a plane that likes to travel light? A flyweight!
- Why was the airplane always confident? It had a strong sense of alti-tude!
- I’ve got a plane for your next trip! It’s on my prop list.
- I have something in plane view, it’s really winged tail.
- If pilots were chefs they would be flight attendants.
- The airplane had a small band on board, but they had trouble taking off. They were a bit flat.
- When I go flying, I’d rather be in the cockpit instead of on the wing… unless you have a spare plane.
- I will fly her the moon and back, she will be yours soon.
- Why did the planes break up with the airport? Because there was no runway for time apart.
- How do you describe a plane’s favorite sport? Plane ball.
- Flying with a plane is like hanging out with an old friend. It’s always good wingman-ship.
- What do you call a plane that’s always asking for directions? Lost in Flight
- Why do planes always mother their passengers? They like to carry on.
- How do you describe a plane that is always late? Terminal-ly tardy.
Funny Puns for Airplane Enthusiasts
- What do you call a pilot who landed on a runway full of ducks? A quack-er.
- Why don’t airplanes have phobias? They have altitude-calmia instead.
- How does an airplane like to be cheered up? With a little flight-er!
- How does a pilot like to be greeted? With a wing and a hello!
- How do airplane food critics rate their meals? On an aero-nomic scale.
- Why did the airplane go to the psychiatrist? It had propeller problems.
- How does an airplane deal with turbulence? With a wing and a prayer.
- Why did the airplane adopt a dog? For its tail-wagging ability
- What do you call a pilot who always forgets where they’re going? A directional liability.
- How do airplanes stay up above the clouds? With eleva-tion.
- Why don’t airplanes like bad weather? It affects their aero-moods.
- How does a pilot like his steak cooked? At a high-altitude.
- What do you call a pilot who can’t operate a plane? A flight risk.
- How do you describe an airplane’s dream? Air-y tales of adventure.
- Why did the airplane become a vegetarian? It was tired of being told it was a plain eater.
- What do you call an airplane that’s trying to impress its passengers? A show-plane.
- Why did the airplane go to the gym? For a round of aero-bics.
- How does an airplane like to relax after a long flight? With a fly-nancial report.
- What do pilots study in history class? Fly-tory!
- Why did the airplane join a band? For its high-pitched sound.
- How does an airplane maintain its physique? With regular checkups and fly-tsical exercises.
- Why do airplanes like to travel at high altitudes? Because they like to be above their problems.
- What’s an airplane’s favorite holiday destination? Fly-a, Italy.
- How do you describe an amazing flight experience? Plane awesome!
- Why don’t airplanes like playing video games? Because they always crash and burn.
Airplane Puns for Kids
- What do you call a monkey who loves to fly airplanes? A flying monkey!
- How does an airplane like to travel? By flying high in the sky!
- Why do airplanes have propellers? To keep them flying smoothly!
- How do you describe an airplane that flies really fast? A speedy plane!
- Why do airplanes have wheels? So they can roll around the runway!
- What do you call an airplane that’s really hungry? A plain sandwich.
- How does an airplane like to stay cool on hot days? With AC!
- Why do airplanes like to travel in groups? So they don’t feel lonely in the sky!
- What do you call a color-changing airplane? A chameleon-plane!
- How does a baby airplane talk to its mother? By using wingdings.
- Why do airplanes like to fly through clouds? They love the fluffy feeling!
- What type of airplane does a bee like to fly? A buzz-plane!
- How does an airplane greet its passengers? With a winged wave!
- Why was the little airplane afraid of the dark? Because it didn’t have a night-light!
- What do you
- call an airplane that’s afraid to fly? A scaredy-plane!
- How does an airplane like to sleep? With its landing gear tucked in!
- What do you call a clumsy airplane? An airhead!
- How does an airplane like to say hello? By giving a high-flying wave!
- Why do airplanes like to fly over mountains? They love the scenery!
- How does an airplane learn to fly? With pilot lessons!
- What do you call an airplane that’s really dirty? A grimy flyer!
- Why do airplanes like to have a captain? So they have someone to navigate the skies!
- How does an airplane land on the runway? By using its landing gear!
- What do you call an airplane that’s looking for a friend? A plane in need!
- Why do airplanes like to travel to different countries? To explore new horizons in the sky!
Airplane Puns Used in Movies
Creative Airplane puns are often used in comedic movies to add a touch of humor and lighten the mood. Here are 25 memorable airplane puns that have been used in movies over the years.
- “We have clearance, Clarence.”
- “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
- “I speak jive.”
- “Roger, Roger. What’s our vector, Victor?”
- “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.”
- “Surely, you can’t be serious.” “I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.”
- “And don’t call me Shirley.”
- “Where’d you take flying lessons, in a washing machine?”
- “You ever been in a cockpit before?” “No sir, I’ve never been up in a plane before.”
- “I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.”
- “You’re not buying this, are you?” “Sure, but my dad says you guys are fags”
- “Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop smoking.”
- “Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?”
- “This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.” “What is it?” “It’s a big building with patients, but that’s not important right now.”
- “I haven’t felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film.”
- “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.”
- “What kind of plane is this?” “Oh, it’s a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it just looks like a big Tylenol.”
- “They’re on instruments. I’ll take the radio.” “OK. Get that scum off my runway.”
- “Nervous?” “Yes.” “First time?” “No, I’ve been nervous lots of times.”
- “Surely you can’t be serious.” “I am serious… and don’t call me Shirley.”
- “We can’t make this landing, this runway’s too short.” “Yeah, but what about that mountain over there?”
- “What’s going on over at Eastern?” “Oh, it’s a big nothing. Something about a baggage screener found a scrub brush in Kelly’s duffle bag.”
- “The hell I don’t. LISTEN KID. I’ve been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I’m out there busting my buns every night.”
- “Golly, that’s a pretty risky move, flying a plane like this with twice the normal amount of fuel…”
- “Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped.”
Airplane puns are a creative and humorous way to make air travel more enjoyable. Whether you’re flying with friends, family, or just on your own, these puns are a great way to lighten the mood and have a laugh.
From short one-liners to puns for kids, there’s something for everyone in this list of 111+ airplane puns. So the next time you’re on a plane, try out some of these puns and see how many laughs you can get. After all, laughter is the best medicine, even at 35,000 feet.