A dash of red, a hint of pink, or a bold pop of purple – lipsticks come in every shade and tone to help you create the perfect pout. But aside from adding a burst of color to your lips, Lipstick Puns can also bring a smile to your face with some witty wordplay.
If you’re a fan of puns and love to play with words, you’ll enjoy this article that celebrates the art of lipstick puns. From short one-liners to funny jokes, we’ve compiled a list of over lipstick puns that will make you chuckle or grin from ear to ear. Ready to pucker up and dive in?
What Are Lipstick Puns?
Before we start sharing our top lipstick puns, it’s essential to understand what a pun is. At its essence, a pun is a form of wordplay that uses multiple meanings of a word or phrase to create a humorous effect. As for lipstick puns, they are simply puns that involve or refer to lipstick.
Whether you’re a makeup enthusiast or not, lipstick puns are a fun way to liven up your conversations or Instagram captions. Without further ado, let’s dive into some of the best and most hilarious lipstick puns we’ve come across.
Best Short Lipstick Puns
- Lipstick is my gateway drug into Sephora.
- Kissed by a rose – or a lipstick shade.
- I always have lipstick on my collar, but it’s never what you think.
- Our relationship is like lipstick and lips – inseparable.
- Lips without lipstick are like cake without frosting.
- Lipstick is proof that small changes can make a big impact.
- Give a woman the right lipstick, and she can conquer the world.
- Life is too short to wear boring lipstick.
- A good lipstick adds ten years to your life, or at least ten smiles to your day.
- If you can’t love yourself, how the hell are you going to love your lipstick?
- Lipstick is like a magic wand for your lips.
- A woman can never have too many lipsticks or good jokes.
- Lipstick can make even the most boring outfit pop.
- Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle – or your lipstick.
- I have enough lipsticks – said no one ever.
- Red lipstick is not just a colour; it’s an attitude.
- A great lipstick shade is like a great mood – it can uplift you instantly.
- A bold lipstick choice is a sign of a daring personality.
- Life is short, wear the bold lipstick.
- Lipstick is the perfect weapon to slay any look.
- Make your lips pop like fireworks with the right lipstick.
- A perfect blend of lipstick and confidence can light up your day.
- If in doubt, go for the red lipstick.
- My second favourite F-word after “Friday” is “lipstick.”
- I’m the type of person to wear lipstick to the gym – it’s my power suit.
One-Liner Lipstick Puns
- I put lipstick in my coffee to perk me up.
- Why did the lipstick go to school? To get a PhD in poutology.
- Lipstick puns give me life and colour.
- When in doubt, overdress and wear a bold lipstick.
- I don’t always wear lipstick, but when I do, I wear it with confidence.
- Beauty is not just skin deep; it’s in the right lipstick shade.
- Pucker up, buttercup – let’s talk lipstick.
- My perfect shade of lipstick? A smile.
- If hugs and kisses can’t solve your problems, try a bold lipstick shade.
- The ultimate lip service? A good lipstick and a smile.
- I’m not rich, but my lipstick collection is priceless.
- You can never have too much lipstick or too much laughter.
- Friends who share lipstick puns together, stay together.
- Life is too short to wear boring lipstick or spend time with dull people.
- Lipstick can make even a bad day feel like a good one.
- Who needs a superhero cape when you have a bold lipstick?
- Lipstick might smudge, but your confidence should never fade.
- Every lipstick shade tells a different story.
- A good relationship is like a comfortable lipstick – it fits perfectly and never fades away.
- The best thing about lipstick? You can always change your mind and try a new shade.
- Lipstick is the ultimate mood-booster – try it and see.
- A good lipstick day can make even a Monday feel like a Friday.
- Lipstick doesn’t discriminate – everyone can rock a bold shade.
- Happiness is finding the perfect lipstick shade for your skin tone.
- The three things a woman needs: confidence, ambition, and a killer lipstick.
Funny Puns for Lipstick
- How do you know a lipstick is lying? Its colour is too rich.
- Why did the lipstick go out with the mascara? Because it wanted to darken its lips.
- What does a lipstick say to a makeup brush? Don’t brush me off!
- Why did the lipstick break up with the blusher? It was too high maintenance.
- Have you heard about the new lipstick that lasts for weeks? It’s called a marker.
- Why did the lipstick get a ticket? It was parked in a lip zone.
- How do you make a lipstick laugh? You tickle its tube.
- What’s the difference between a crayon and a lipstick? Lipsticks are more upscale.
- What do you get when you cross lipstick and a hedgehog? A prickly pout.
- Why did the lipstick go on a diet? Its tube was too tight.
- Why did the scientist study lipstick? To learn its scientific formula for beauty.
- Why did the lipstick go to the doctor? It had a case of lip poison-ing.
- What did one lipstick say to the other? “We make quite the pair.”
- Why did the lipstick join a marching band? It wanted to tube the night away.
- How do you make sure your lipstick stays put? You give it a tube-up call.
- Why did the lipstick go to the beach? It wanted to get a lip-tan.
- What’s a lipstick’s favourite musical instrument? The tube-a.
- Why did the lipstick need therapy? It had self-esteem issues.
- What’s a lipstick’s favourite movie genre? Poutcasts.
- Why did the lipstick go to the gym? To work on its pout-ine.
- How many lips does it take to open a lipstick? None, just twist the tube.
- Why did the lipstick refuse to go on a blind date? It wasn’t sure it could make up a good impression.
- What does a lipstick use to work out? A powder puff.
- Why did the lipstick go to the police station? It was caught in a smear campaign.
- What do you call a lipstick that’s feeling blue? A lip-down.
Lipstick Puns for Kids
- Why did the lipstick go to school? To learn its ABC’s (All Beautiful Colours).
- What did the lipstick say to the blush? “I admire your rosy cheeks.”
- How do lipsticks send secret messages? They leave lip prints.
- Why did the lipstick go to the circus? It wanted to join the lip-syncing clowns.
- What do you get when you cross a lipstick and a marker? A lipsticker.
- Why did the lipstick go swimming? It wanted a waterproof kiss.
- What’s a lipstick’s favourite fruit? A cherry, because it’s red.
- How does a lipstick stay in shape? It does lip-squats.
- Why did the lipstick go to space? To explore new frontiers in lip colour.
- What do you get when you mix lipsticks and crayons? A lip-crayon rainbow.
- Why did the lipstick go to the farm? It wanted to visit the lip-balm chickens.
- What do you call a lipstick that’s feeling sleepy? A lip-nap.
- What do lipsticks use to send email? Lip-syncing.
- Why did the lipstick go to the aquarium? It wanted to see the lip-fish.
- What do you call a lipstick that can sing? A lip-syncher.
- Why did the lipstick go to the library? It wanted to read about lip-tickling jokes.
- What do you get when you cross a lipstick and a banana? A lip-peel.
- Why did the lipstick go to the beach? To catch some sun-kisses.
- What do you call a lipstick that’s feeling brave? A lip-daredevil.
Good lipstick puns used in movie
Here are some lipstick puns that have been used in movies:
- In the 1994 movie “Pulp Fiction”, Uma Thurman’s character says “I said Goddamn! Goddamn, Jimmy! This some serious gourmet shit. Me and Vince would’ve been satisfied with some freeze-dried Taster’s Choice, right? And he springs this serious gourmet shit on us. What flavor is this?” to which Jimmy, played by Quentin Tarantino, responds “Knock it off, Julie. This is some serious gourmet shit!” The “gourmet shit” they are referring to is actually a red lipstick that Thurman’s character is wearing.
- In the 1964 movie “My Fair Lady”, Audrey Hepburn’s character says “Lips, daaaahling! Lips!” when trying to get her friend to remember how to speak in a proper British accent. This is a reference to the importance of enunciating and emphasizing the “L” sound in words like “lips”.
- In the 2001 movie “Legally Blonde”, Reese Witherspoon’s character says “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t. It’s impossible.” She then pulls out a tube of pink lipstick and says “Don’t stomp your little last season Prada shoes at me, honey” as a playful way of taunting her ex-boyfriend’s new fiancee. The lipstick reference is a nod to the character’s love of all things pink and girly.
- In the 2016 movie “The Boss”, Melissa McCarthy’s character says “I am not even remotely ashamed to admit that I foundationed, powdered, and lipsticked my nipples.” This is a quirky and humorous way of expressing the character’s dedication to always looking her best, even in unexpected situations.
- In the 2021 movie “Cruella”, Emma Stone’s character says “I was born brilliant, born bad, and a little bit mad.” She then applies a dramatic red lipstick as a symbol of her transformation into the iconic villainess. The lipstick represents not only Cruella’s fiery personality, but also her desire to stand out and be noticed.
Lipstick is not just a beauty product but a symbol of confidence, femininity, and individuality. From classic shades like red and pink to bold hues like blue and green, there is a lipstick color for every personality and occasion. Whether you prefer a matte finish or a glossy shine, wearing lipstick can instantly elevate your mood and make you feel more put together. And with the countless lipstick puns out there, you can even incorporate a sense of humor into your beauty routine. So go ahead, swipe on your favorite shade, and pucker up!