Are you feeling a bit sheepish? Do you want to make your friends ewe-nique? Look no further than these puns about lambs! Whether you are trying to come up with a pun for your next Instagram post or need some jokes to tell at a party, these lamb puns are sure to make everyone laugh until they’re woolly in the head.
From classic one-liners to funny lamb puns for kids, this article has got it all. And who knows—you might be able to even use some of these puns in your next conversation as well. So, gather your flock and get ready to discover the best lamb puns around.
What are Lamb Puns?
Before we get into the puns themselves, let’s discuss what exactly a pun is. A pun is a form of wordplay that involves using a word (or words) that have multiple meanings or sounds in order to create a humorous effect. A lamb pun would involve using the word “lamb” or a word associated with lambs (like “wool” or “sheep”) to create a joke.
For example, one classic lamb pun is “What do you get if you cross a lamb with a kangaroo? A woolly jumper.” This pun works because it uses the word “woolly” to describe both the fleece of a lamb and a type of sweater (or “jumper” in British English).
Best Short Lamb Puns
- I’m not trying to pull the wool over your eyes, but these puns are pretty baaaad.
- Feeling a bit sheepish today.
- You’ve got to be shear-ious!
- This weather is really ewe-nique.
- Wool you be my friend?
- Stop lamb-ing around!
- We felt sheepish for making so many puns.
- You have got to be kidding me!
- That’s a ewe-nique way of thinking.
- Let’s ram this meeting forward.
- I’m woolly impressed!
- I herd you were in need of a laugh.
- Don’t worry, be lamb-y!
- I’ve got a fleecing we can do.
- Thank ewe for being my friend.
- You’re the ram to my ewe.
- Don’t be sheepish—tell us your best pun.
- I’m flocking to these puns.
- What’s the ewe-timate age of this lamb?
- It’s time to ewe-tize the masses.
- I don’t mean to be lamb-basting you, I just want you to laugh.
- When it comes to puns, we’re the best of the ewe-niverse.
- Lanolin—the sheepest ingredient in skin care.
- This pub is shear delight.
One-Liner Lamb Puns
- I love ewe to the moon and back.
- He’s not a black sheep—he’s the lamb of the party!
- What do you call a sheep that can sing? A ewe-nique.
- Ewe are the wool of my life.
- Lamb chops—they’re meat and greet.
- What does a sheep like to eat on her birthday? Lamb cake!
- I’m woolly excited to see you.
- Did you hear about the car that runs on wool? It’s a lamb-perghini.
- I can’t baa-lieve how funny these puns are.
- I don’t always tell puns about lambs, but when I do, they’re shear genius.
- If ewe give a sheep some wool, he’ll make a sweater. If ewe teach a sheep to knit, he’ll open up his own clothing store!
- The sheepdog said his job was a breeze wool.
- Spring is here—time to lamb-le into action!
- What do you call a sheep that can’t stop talking? A ewe-ligist!
- Why was the lamb so happy? Because he found his ewe-nique passion.
- This pun is shear perfection.
- That lamb is really fleecy!
- Don’t be baashful, tell us a pun!
- Why did the lamb go on a diet? Because he wanted to look sheep-shape!
- I fleece-yew not, these puns get better and better.
- Why did the sheep go to see the dentist? To get his ewe-teeth cleaned!
- I think I herd this pun before.
- Why do lambs make bad comedians? Because their jokes are pretty baaasic.
- He tried to pull the wool over my eyes.
- That’s a pretty lamb-tastic pun!
Funny Puns for Lamb
- Everyone thinks black sheep are the worst, but I think they are shear fun.
- Why did the lamb cross the road? To get to the baaaarbershop.
- The sheep struggled to make his point in the discussion—his opinion was felted.
- Don’t worry if you can’t come up with a pun—ewe have plenty of opportunities.
- He wanted to be a comedian, but his career was baa-ckwarded when someone said “that’s a lamb-brained idea.”
- Whenever I tell sheep puns, they always tell me to stop baa-ting around.
- I’m not sheepish, but I have to admit that these puns are ewe-nique.
- It’s really hard to find the shear perfect pun, but when you do, it’s woolly satisfying.
- If you’re feeling sad, try counting sheep puns.
- My friend is a farmer, but I think he is always telling baa-d jokes.
- I’m not lamb-asting you, I’m just trying to provoke some laughter here.
- Whenever I tell sheep puns, I always feel like the black sheep of the group.
- You’re not gonna believe this, but I tried to open a sheep cloning business—it turned out to be a real lamb-owing proposition.
- These puns are woolly funny!
- Ewe have to admit, these puns are pretty clever.
- I got a new job at a sheep herding company—it’s all about following the flock.
- Every sheep has a unique personality—it’s part of what makes them ewe-nique.
- Don’t be sheepish about telling puns—there are woolly plenty of opportunities.
- I asked my grandma if she had any lamb puns—she said “not ewe-lly.”
- You could say that these puns are a shear delight.
- I’m not making these puns up—I swear on my lamb-scapes.
- Ewe can count on me to tell you some funny lamb jokes!
- If you’re feeling woolly, try reading some of these puns to cheer ewe up.
- Why did the sheep go to the doctor? To get a lamb-pulse check.
- These puns are definitely the black sheep of the pun family.
Lamb Puns for Kids
- What did the sheep say to the llama? “Llama tell you a secret—ewe are my woolly best friend!”
- Why don’t sheep like to go to the movies? Because they always end up sitting in the baa-ck.
- How do you wash a sheep? With some wool-ite!
- What do you call a lamb made of wool? A sheep-bo.
- Why don’t sheep use money? Because they always use their wool-lel card.
- What do you call a lamb who is always telling jokes? A comedian-sheep!
- Why did the sheep go to space? To get away from the sheepherder.
- What’s a lamb’s favorite game? Fleeceball.
- What do you call a group of sheep playing music? A baa-nd!
- Why did the lamb go to school? To get a lam-ification.
- What do you call a sheep that does karate? A lambert.
- Why did the sheep go to the doctor? Because he had a baa-d cold.
- What do you get when you cross a sheep with a snake? A woolly boa.
- Why don’t sheep listen to the radio? Because they always get static cling.
- What do you call a sheep in a fancy suit? A dandy-lion.
- What do you call a sheep that’s always on time? A ram-inder.
- Why don’t sheep like to play cards? Because they always get fleeced.
- What do you call it when a sheep wins an award? A sheepee.
- Why did the lamb go on a vacation? To get a ewe-phoric experience.
- What do you call a sheep that can sing? A ewe-nique vocalist.
- Why did the sheep go to the beach? To get some lamb-scaping done.
- What do you call a sheep that can ride a bike? A woolly cyclist.
- Why did the sheep take a bath before going to bed? To have a woolly good sleep.
- What do you call a sheep that loves to dance? A lambada.
- Why don’t sheep like spicy food? Because they can’t handle the heat—baa-m!
Creative lamb puns used in movie
There are quite a few movies that have used lamb puns, here are three examples:
- Babe: This classic movie about a sheep herding pig is full of lamb puns. One memorable line from the film is when Rex, the lead sheep dog, tells Babe, “That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.” The phrase has become iconic and is often used to mean “that’s enough” or “well done.”
- Zootopia: This animated film features a character named Bellwether, who is a sheep. Her name is a play on the word “bellwether,” which means a leader or trendsetter. In the movie, Bellwether is the assistant mayor and later turns out to be the villain.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: In this classic movie, Willy Wonka offers his guests a candy bar called a Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight. He describes it as being “as satisfying as watching sheep being shorn.” The line is a pun on the word “sheer,” which sounds like “shear,” as in the act of cutting sheep’s wool off.
Lamb puns can add a touch of humor to any conversation or situation. Whether you’re entertaining kids, or just having a laugh with friends, these puns are sure to make everyone smile. From funny puns to movie references, there are plenty of ways to incorporate lamb puns into your daily life. So the next time you’re looking for a way to lighten the mood, why not try telling a few lamb jokes? Who knows, you might just become the pun master of your group.