Elves are known for their nimbleness, their love for creating mischief, and their participation in building toys for Santa’s workshop. But did you know that elves also have a sense of humor, particularly with puns? Elf puns are not just for the holidays, they can be enjoyed all year round. As we nestle into the holiday season, what better way to celebrate them than with some punny humor?
So, we’ve compiled a list of elf puns that you can use to spread cheer and laughter during the holidays and beyond. The following sections detail the elf puns and their various uses in movies or conversations.
What are Elf Puns?
Puns are a type of wordplay that uses humor in the use of a word that has multiple meanings. And elf puns are a collection of playful words that play off the different attributes of elves. These puns mostly use the words “elf,” “elves,” and “elfin,” as a base for their clever wordplay.
Best Short Elf Puns
- These elf’s feet are 8 sizes too small? They must be elfin’!
- What do you call an elf that can sing and dance? Elfis Presley!
- How do elves clean their ears? They use elfabet soup.
- Why did the elf decline the offer for a ride? He’d rather sit on the elf-a-bench.
- What does an elf use to make garden beds? Elf-gard.
- Why did the elf quit his job? He had too many elf-doubts.
- Why are elves always happy? Because they have the elf-esteem.
- How do you know if Santa’s elves are having a good day? They are elf-grinning.
- What type of music do elves love to dance to? Elf-ectronic!
- What do you get when you cross an elf with a baker? A Christmas elf-in’!
- What is an elf’s favorite website? Elf-oogle!
- Why do elf musicians never learn from their mistakes? They always take an elfin time.
- What did the sick elf say before Christmas? I has elf fever.
- What’s the first thing an elf learns in school? The elf-abet.
- What do Santa’s elves use to keep their skin moisturized? Elf-ficial moisturizer!
- What do you call two elves that share the same bed? Self-in’!
- Why did Santa’s elf go to the doctor? He had a low elf-esteem.
- Why did the elf eat a clock before his boss could chew him out? He wanted to get his second Elf first.
- What does Santa’s elf call his mother and father? ELFis and ELFie!
- Why did the elf break up with his girlfriend? He thought he saw her elf in bed with another elf.
- How do elves describe Santa’s sleigh? Elfmazing!
- What is an elf’s favorite weather? Sleigh! It’s Christmas weather.
- Why is Santa’s sleigh so good at breaking apple fibers? The sleigh is an Elfgenerated machine!
- What do elves always run for? Elfletion!
- What do you get when two elves swim in the sea? The most elf-in’ fun ever!
One-liner Elf Puns
- Elf-effacing humor is our specialty.
- Elves make everything more elfstanding.
- Elves have the most elfish personalities.
- Every elf loves to elfsplore.
- Is your life a little less Elf-ful? Then laugh out louder with these puns.
- Elves are the original elf-made men.
- Santa’s elves always end the day on a elf-calating ladder of success.
- Elfie-pie-jingle-bells! That’s my favorite multi-tasking elf pun.
- An elf that refuses to clean is an elfish-mess-maker.
- Not a fan of elf puns? There’s gnome way to escape them.
- You can’t run from your elf, it will always catch you!
- Elves love to sweet-talk.
- If an elf kisses you on the forehead, consider yourself elf-loved.
- Elves, they always take the elf
- When it comes to puns, elves are the elf-appointed experts.
- Elf you need some laughter in your life, try these puns!
- An elf that doesn’t work is an elfishly idle one.
- What do you call a grumpy elf? Elfishly grouchy.
- Elves are magical, but sometimes they can be just elf-catastrophic.
- An elf that’s too full of themselves is an elf-inflated one.
- If at first, you don’t succeed, try elfin’ harder!
- Will you be elf-ful or elfless this holiday season?
- Elves are like candy, always elf-aiting to sweeten our day!
- There’s snow better way to brighten up your day than with elf puns!
Funny Puns for Elves
- What do elves use to clean up? Elfabet soup!
- Why did the elf apply for a job at the toy factories? He’s too elf-motivated.
- What did one elf say to the other? I love you from head to elf.
- How do elves stay in shape? They do elf-ercise every day.
- What did the elf say to the dentist? I’m all elf and tooth.
- Why did the elf cross the road? To get to the other elf!
- What do you call an elf that runs away from Santa’s workshop? Elf defense.
- Why did the elf wear yellow socks? His red ones were in the elf’n dryer!
- What do you call an elf with a sunburn? A roasted Elfbum.
- Why did the elf fall out of the tree? Because he misjudged the elf-level.
- What do elves call Santa’s sleigh? Elfsled.
- What’s black and white and elfful all over? An elflephant gift!
- What do you call a lazy elf? Elf-employed.
- Why can’t elves work when it’s too misty outside? Because they’re afraid of elf-ing in the fog!
- Why did the elf put gingerbread cookies in his bed? He wanted to have elf dreams!
- Why did the elf call Santa up? To give him an elf-full update!
- What did the elf say to the barber? Can I get a little elf off the top?
- Why did the elf refuse to do stand-up comedy? He was elf-conscious.
- What do you call Santa’s clumsy elves? Elfbumps!
- Did you hear about the elf that ran away with the Christmas tree? He was totally branch elf.
- Why did the elf throw away his shoes? They were elf-tattered!
- What do you call an elf spellchecker? Elf-auto-correct.
- What do elves use to take pictures? Elfies!
- Why did the elf take a cold shower? He wanted to feel elf-respect.
- Why did the elf fail his algebra test? He was too elf-absorbed with toys.
Catchy Elf Puns for Kids
- What do elves like to eat for breakfast? Frosted Elf-flakes!
- What do you call an elf with a beard? A gelf!
- What do you call an elf that is always singing? An elf-a-tone.
- What do elves use to protect themselves from the rain? Elf-umbrellas.
- What do you call an elf that tells jokes? An elf-in comedian.
- Why did the elf go to the doctor? He had a runny nose and kept elf-ing down.
- What do you call a group of elves singing together? An A-elf-abet choir!
- What do elves say when they make a mistake? Elf-pects a few bumps along the way.
- What do you call a lost elf? An El-forgotten.
- What do you call an elf that likes to tell stories? A fairy-elf-tale.
- What do elves use to decorate their home? Elf-bulbs.
- What do you call an elf with a sweet tooth? An elf-praising dessert enthusiast!
- Why did the elf get a ticket? He parked in the “elf and safety” zone.
- What do you call an elf who is always on a coffee break? A K-elf-fy addict!
- What do you get when you cross an elf with a squirrel? An Elf in tree heaven!
- Why did the elf go to the dentist? He had a cavity in his elftooth!
- What do you call an elf who can’t stop sneezing? An achoo-elf!
- What kind of music do elves like to listen to? Wrap music!
- Why did the elf make himself a sandwich? He was elf hungry!
- Why did the elf refuse to go skydiving? He was afraid of elf-falling.
- What do you call Santa’s favorite elf? His elf-esteem booster!
- Why do elves make terrible chefs? They always burn the elf-ing.
- What do you call an elf that always loses things? An elf-a-mess!
- Why did the elf get a gold star at work? He was elficient!
- What do elf bakers make in the kitchen? Elf-alfa bread!
Whether you’re trying to add some humor to your holiday season or just looking to amuse some kids, elf puns are a guaranteed hit. These 50 puns are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face, from the most serious elf fanatics to those who are just starting to get into the elf spirit.
Just remember, the more puns, the merrier! So spread some holiday cheer this season with these funny and playful elf puns.