Cowboys are an iconic symbol of the Wild West, and they are often associated with ruggedness, adventure, and braving the frontier. But what many people don’t know is that cowboys are also a great source of humor and entertainment. From witty one-liners to clever wordplay, cowboy puns have been amusing audiences for years.
Whether you’re a fan of western movies or just love a good pun, you’re in for a treat. In this article, we’ve rounded up 113+ cowboy puns that are guaranteed to make you laugh and impress your friends. So, put on your spurs and saddle up for a wild ride through the world of cowboy puns.
What are cowboy puns?
Cowboy puns are a form of wordplay that involves using double meanings or similar-sounding words to create humorous phrases or jokes. They often rely on the imagery and language associated with the cowboy culture, such as rodeos, cattle drives, and saloons.
Best Short Cowboy Puns
- Why did the cowboy break up with his girlfriend? He found out she was cheatin’.
- What do you call a cowboy with a horse that can’t run? A walker texas ranger.
- How do cowboys stay in shape? They do rodeo-cises.
- Why did the cowboy buy a dachshund? He wanted to get a long little doggy.
- What did one cowboy say to the other cowboy when they lost their cattle? Where have moo been?
- Why did the cowboy go to school? To get his honky tonk degree.
- What do you call an honest cowboy? A straight shooter.
- How do cowboys make their coffee? They use a stirrup.
- Why can’t a cowboy keep a secret? Because he is always horsing around.
- What is a cowboy’s favorite kind of meat? Saddle-ary.
- What do you get when you cross a snowman with a cowboy? Frosty the snowman at the O.K. Corral.
- What do you call a cowboy who helps out in a school? A spur-cial education teacher.
- What do cowboys wear on their feet during winter? Boots with sp-ice cleats.
- What do you call a cowboy in a spaceship? A space-cowboy.
- What do you call a cowboy who never misses his target? Bull’s eye-yippee-yi-yay!
- What do you get when you cross a cowboy with a computer? A rootin’ tootin’ hacker.
- How does a cowboy get around town? On his pony express.
- Why did the cowboy buy a dalmatian? Because he wanted a fire-hydrant retriever.
- Why are cowboys bad at math? They always try to round up.
- Why did the cowboy ride his horse on a carousel? He wanted to feel like a cowboy in circles.
- What do you call a group of cowboys who sing in harmony? The OK Chorale.
- What did the cowboy say when he lost his favorite hat? “Well, ain’t that a kick in the hat!”
- Why did the cowboy buy a droid? He wanted to hire Star Wars Talent for his ranch (ranchise).
- What kind of music do cowboys listen to? Western and tube amps.
- Why did the cowboy quit his job at the pet store? He couldn’t handle the horsing around in the aisles.
One-Liner Cowboy Puns
- I once knew a cowboy who smoked his meat. Now he’s known as the Marlboro man.
- How do cowboys make their coffee? With a stick of dynamite.
- Why did the cowboy refuse a second box of bullets? His cowboy pistols are beginner’s luck.
- If a cowboy forgets his password, does he say “Yippekiyay” instead of “forgot my password”?
- Why don’t cowboys get into music? They have trouble with their band-annas.
- A cowboy asked a genie for a hat. The genie told him it was a tall wish.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s also a detective? A western union.
- What is a cowboy’s favorite weapon for social revolution? A lasso-faire approach.
- Why did the cowboy get a dachshund? Because he wanted to get a long little doggy.
- How do cowboys keep their hats on their heads? With hat-el straps.
- Why did the cowboy get a Wi-Fi signal on his ranch? He had a steer-able connection.
- What do you call a cowboy on an oil rig? A roughneck wrangler.
- How do cowboys eat their potatoes? They saddle them up with sour cream and bacon.
- Why do cowboys like to watch Sherlock Holmes? They love a good whodunit.
- What do you call a drunk cowboy? A bucking bourbon.
- Did you hear about the cowboy magician? He did some abracowdabra.
- Why did the cowboy name his horse “Mayonnaise”? Because it’s Mayo neighs.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s also a doctor? A jolly rancher.
- Why do cowboys make lousy fishermen? They always try to lasso the fish.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s lost his horse? Grounded.
- What do cowboys use to clean their computers? A dustpan and cow-mouse.
- Why did the cowboy ride his horse through the center of town? He wanted to make a stirrup.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always looking for his hat? A headless horseman.
- Why do cowboys hate turtlenecks? They prefer the bare-necked look.
- Why did the cowboy decide to go into politics? He was tired of being a lone ranger.
Funny Puns for Cowboy
- Why did the cowboy ride his horse to the bar? He wanted to pony up to the counter.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always at the gym? A work-outlaw.
- Why did the cowboy name his horse “Biscuit”? Because it was one tough cookie.
- How do cowboys keep their pants up? With cowboy belts.
- What do cowboys wear when it’s chilly outside? Coats of cowboy arms.
- Why did the cowboy ride his horse into the saloon? He was looking for a good rootin’ tootin’ time.
- What do you call a cowboy’s bed? A pasture frame.
- Why did the cowboy buy a watch? To keep his spurs in time.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always telling bad jokes? A yee-haw humorist.
- How did the cowboy find his way in the dark? He followed the star spangled banner.
- What did the cowboy say when he got a job as an electrician? “I’m gonna wire-n-a buckaroo.
- Why don’t cowboys ever take a vacation? They’re always in the saddle.
- What do you call a cowboy who sings for a living? A troubadour-decorator.
- Why did the cowboy buy a parrot? To teach it to say “Gimme some sugar”.
- What do call a cowboy who likes to sing and dance? A boogie-woogie buckaroo.
- What do cowboys say when they want to hold a meeting? “Let’s have a hootenanny.”
- Why do cowboys take their hats off when they meet someone? They have hat-iquette.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s also a musician? A guitar-pickin’ homesteader.
- Why was the cowboy always broke? He always bet on the wrong horse.
- What did the cowboy say when he went to the dentist? “I’m fixin’ to get my teeth cleaned.”
- Why was the cowboy always happy? He had a lot of galloping humor.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s also a pilot? The Lone Flyer.
- Why do cowboys always have a great sense of humor? They have a lot of rodeo-mates.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always working on his car? An autowranglin’ cowboy.
- Why do cowboys always have the best jokes? They can round up a crowd.
Cowboy Puns for Kids
- Why do cowboys wear boots? Because they have cow-boots.
- What do you call a cowboy on a bicycle? A cowcycle.
- What do cowboys use to keep their horses warm? Cowboy blankets.
- Why did the cowboy go to the dentist? To get his teeth nee-haw’d.
- Why did the cowboy bring his dog to school? He wanted to teach him “arfs” and “maths”.
- How do cowboys stay cool during the summer? They use their cattletoos.
- What do you call a cowboy singer? Yodel little cowboy.
- Why did the cowboy wear a belt? To keep his pants from “neighy’n” down.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always chasing his horse? A hammer-lasso.
- Why did the cowboy bring a ladder to the rodeo? He wanted to climb up to the top of the bull.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always telling jokes? A rodeo clown.
- Why did the cowboy ride his horse to the moon? He wanted to see if it was made of cheese.
- How do cowboys decorate their homes? With cowtains, of course.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always losing his hat? A forgetful cowpoke.
- Why did the cowboy play the piano in the barn? He wanted to sing a cow-ncert.
- Why do cowboys always wear hats? To keep their thoughts in.
- What do cowboys say when they’re happy? Yee-haw!
- Why do cowboys always ride horses instead of donkeys? Horses are more neigh-tural.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s also a chef? A range-rover.
- Why did the cowboy go to the doctor? He had a saddle ache.
- What do you call a cowboy who loves to dance? A two-stepping bronco.
- Why do cowboys always wear spurs? They’re jingling with excitement.
- What do you call a cowboy who’s always playing cards? A poker-rodeo.
- Why did the cowboy buy a new guitar? He wanted to strum the right chord.
- What do you call a cowboy who loves to read? A book-opa-cow.
Cowboy Puns Use in Movies
Best Cowboy puns are not limited to just jokes and wordplay, they have also found their way into many movies, particularly westerns. Here are a few examples of cowboy puns in movies:
- In “Blazing Saddles,” the character Taggart says, “What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?” to express confusion and surprise.
- In “Three Amigos,” the character Lucky Day says, “You know, I used to think you were a horse’s ass. But, you’re all right,” to his colleague Dusty.
- In “City Slickers,” the character Curly says, “The secret to life is one thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and everything else don’t mean nothin’,” when asked for advice.
- In “Tombstone,” the character Doc Holliday says, “I’m your huckleberry,” to challenge a rival to a fight.
These examples show how cowboy puns can add humor, wit, and personality to a character and a movie while staying true to the western theme.
Cowboy puns are a fun and timeless form of humor that can bring a smile and a laugh to anyone. From one-liners to funny phrases, there are many ways to enjoy cowboy puns. Whether you’re cracking jokes with your friends, watching a western movie, or trying to make your kids laugh, cowboy puns are a great way to add a little yee-haw to your day. So, saddle up and have fun with these 113+ cowboy puns!