Puns are often considered the lowest form of humor, but they are still capable of eliciting plenty of chuckles (or groans) from their audience. One of the best uses for puns is in the drill industry, where creative wordplay can make even the most mundane task feel a little more fun. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of drill puns that are sure to leave you smiling, whether you’re a professional contractor or a DIY enthusiast.
What are drill puns?
Drill puns are wordplay that make light of drills, drilling, or anything related to the tool. They can range from simple one-liners to more elaborate jokes, often relying on puns or plays on words to create humor. Drill puns can be used in a variety of contexts, from movies and TV shows to social media and everyday conversation.
Best short drill puns
- You can count on a drill to always make a point.
- I’m a big fan of drilling, it’s quite boring.
- The only thing a drill can’t fix is a broken heart.
- Want to hear a joke about a screwdriver? Nevermind, it’s too tight.
- Drill and driver, sounds like a match made in heaven.
- If at first you don’t succeed, drill, drill again.
- My drill bit is like a hot knife through butter.
- A bad workman always blames his drill.
- I was going to make a pun about drills, but I couldn’t find a bit that worked.
- Drills are a boring tool to use, but they make great hole makers.
- A drill is just a fancy hole puncher.
- I didn’t know what a drill was until it bored into my life.
- I was going to tell you a joke about power drills, but it just didn’t have enough torque.
- Why was the drill feeling lonely? Because it was bit-less.
- I was going to buy a new drill, but I thought I might as well just wing it.
- Drilling can be a bit of a chore, but it really has its ups and downs.
- I love using my drill, but sometimes I feel like it’s screw-ing with me.
- A drill is like a best friend – it’s always there when you need it.
- I’m a firm believer in the power of drills – they really know how to get to the point.
- A drill can turn a dull situation into a bore-fest.
- I tried to teach my drill some new tricks, but it just kept spiraling out of control.
- I thought about giving up drilling, but the thought was just a bit too much.
- I wanted to make a hole-in-one, but all I had was a drill.
- A drill is the perfect tool for those who like to think outside the box.
- I asked my drill if it wanted to go on a date, but it said it was already bored.
Catchy oneliner drill puns
- The drill sergeant had a boring personality.
- I was drilling before it was cool, but now it’s all the rage.
- I gave my drill a nickname. I call it Chuck.
- I used to think drills were dull, but now they’re just par for the course.
- Drilling can be an exciting hobby – it really has a lot of depth.
- Why did the drill get angry? Because it had a bit of a temper.
- I tried to teach my drill how to dance, but it always got stuck in one groove.
- Drills and I go way back – we’re like two peas in a pod.
- I wanted to buy a drill, but I didn’t have the power to do it.
- I think drills are great, but they’re a bit of a bore.
- If a drill and a screwdriver had a baby, it would be a drill driver.
- I asked my drill if it needed a break, but it said it was feeling a bit keyed up.
- If you’re feeling down, just remember – drills are always looking up.
- I thought about making a drill pun, but I decided to bore you with a different joke instead.
- Drilling can be a hole lot of fun, but only if you have the right bit.
- I invited my drill to a party, but it said it already had plans to bore someone.
- Why don’t drills take days off? Because they’re always on a bit of a roll.
- I was going to tell you a joke about a drill, but it’s already screwed up.
- Drilling and driving are similar – they both require a lot of power and precision.
- I love using drills, but sometimes they really chip away at my patience.
- I drilled and drilled, but I still couldn’t find my way out of the pun.
- Drills might not be the life of the party, but they’re always a bit of a bore.
- I tried to use my drill underwater, but I quickly realized it was all wet.
- If you need a hole, just drill with it.
Funny puns for drill
- What do you call a drill that’s always telling jokes? A pun-ch line!
- Why don’t drills ever make mistakes? Because they’re always right on the point!
- I was going to use my drill to make a sandwich, but I thought it might be a bit overkill.
- How do you keep a drill bit sharp? Give it a boring job!
- What did the drill say to the nail? Nice to screw you!
- The drill was feeling down, so I gave it a bit of encouragement.
- How do you punish a drill bit? Put it in a corner and make it drill a hole!
- What do you call a group of builders who love puns? The Drill Team Six.
- What did the dentist say to the drill? You and I have a lot in common – we both make holes!
- Why did the drill go to the party? To make a few new bore-friends!
- I love using my drill, but sometimes it really drives me up the wall.
- I was going to tell a joke about a drill press, but it just didn’t have enough punch.
- What do you call a drill that loves puns? The Pun-isher!
- I tried to give a drill a compliment, but it just bit me in the tongue.
- Why did the drill go to the gym? To get a bit more power!
- I was going to tell a joke about a drill and a light bulb, but it just didn’t screw in.
- What did the carpenter say to the drill? You really know how to drive me crazy!
- Why did the drill go to the movies? To see the latest bore-fest!
- I love drilling, but sometimes I feel like I’m just spinning my wheels.
- What do you call a drill that’s always complaining? A bit of a whiner!
- Why did the drill go to school? To get a bit more education!
- I was going to tell a joke about a drill and a saw, but it just didn’t cut it.
- What did the drill say to the hammer? You’re a real smash hit!
- Why did the drill go on a diet? It wanted to be a bit thinner!
- I think drills are underrated – they really know how to make a point!
Best drill puns for kids
- What’s a drill’s favorite type of food? Screws!
- What do you call a drill that’s bad at its job? A bit of a bore.
- Why won’t a drill ever tell a lie? Because it always makes a point!
- What do you call a drill that loves sports? A power tool!
- I was going to tell you a joke about a drill and a hammer, but it might be a bit too hard to understand.
- How do you make a sad drill happy? You give it a bit of encouragement!
- Why did the drill fall asleep on the job? Because it was feeling a bit woozy.
- What did one drill say to the other drill? Let’s work together – we make a great team!
- I was going to buy a new drill, but then I realized I already had the power within me.
- How do you know if a drill is telling the truth? It always has a point!
- Why do drills love music? They’re always looking for a bit of rhythm!
- I tried to teach my drill some new tricks, but it just kept spiraling out of control.
- What do you call a drill that loves to dance? A twist bit!
- What do you call a drill that’s always complaining? A bore!
- Why did the drill go to the doctor? It was feeling a bit under the weather.
- How do you make a drill laugh? You give it a bit of good humor!
- What do you call a drill that’s always making mistakes? A bit of a screw-up!
- Why did the drill learn to play the guitar? It wanted to be a bit more electric!
- What do you call a drill that’s always frowning? A sad screwdriver!
- Why did the drill cross the road? To get to the other side of the job!
- How do you make a drill happy? You give it a bit of love!
- Why did the drill go on a diet? It wanted to be a bit slimmer!
- What do you call a drill that’s a bit of a scaredy-cat? A timid tool!
Drill puns use in movies
Drill puns have made their way into a variety of movies and TV shows. For instance, in the movie Baby Driver, the title character uses a drill as a getaway tool, leading to the classic line, “You know why I’m so good at this?” “Why?” “Because I’m a hammer.” Meanwhile, in the movie Mystery Team, one character tries to intimidate another by saying, “I’ll drill a hole in your head and then I’ll make a necklace out of your teeth!”
Drill puns have also popped up in popular TV shows like The Office, where Michael Scott attempts to cheer up an employee by saying, “You know what they say: ‘Ain’t no party like a Scranton party, ’cause a Scranton party don’t stop!’ ‘Til you drill a hole in your head.”
Drill puns may be low-hanging fruit in terms of humor, but they’re still capable of providing plenty of laughs. Whether you’re looking for a clever way to break the ice with
A coworker or simply want to inject a bit of fun into your DIY projects, drill puns are a great way to do it.
From one-liners to more elaborate jokes, drill puns can be used in a variety of contexts, including movies, TV shows, and everyday conversation. They’re even great for kids, who may not appreciate the practical uses of a drill but will certainly enjoy a good pun.
So the next time you find yourself reaching for your drill, take a moment to appreciate the tool’s versatility and all the puns that come along with it. Who knows, you might just generate a few laughs and make the most of a boring task.