Are you a fan of aviation and wordplay? Well, get ready to soar with laughter as we present to you 115+ aviation puns that will keep you entertained whether you are a pilot, an aviation enthusiast or simply looking for some hilarious puns to share with friends and family. Aviation puns are clever and witty jokes that play on the words associated with airplanes, airports, and the aviation industry in general.
In this article, you will find the best aviation puns that you can use to impress your friends, make your social media posts stand out, or even include in your pilot announcements. You will discover different types of aviation puns, such as short puns, one-liners, and jokes suitable for kids. So, fasten your seatbelt and get ready for a fun-filled ride with these hilarious aviation puns.
What are Aviation Puns?
Aviation puns are clever wordplays that take advantage of the words, phrases, and terms associated with aviation. These jokes usually incorporate elements of airplanes, airport procedures, pilots, crew, and passengers. Aviation puns are often used to lighten the mood in the aviation industry, as flying can be a stressful experience for some people.
Now that you know what aviation puns are let’s dive into the best 111+ puns that are sure to make you chuckle.
Best Short Aviation Puns
- Why did the plane go to the psychiatrist? It had jetlag.
- What do you call an airplane joke? A flight of fancy.
- Why don’t airplanes like to gamble? They always roll the dice.
- Why did the airplane break up with its girlfriend? She was too high maintenance.
- What kind of music do airplanes listen to? Aero-beats.
- What’s an airline pilot’s favorite kind of math? Plane geometry.
- What do you get when you cross a plane with a magician? Flying saucery.
- How does a pilot get pregnant? By aero-mitting.
- What did the airplane say to the pilot? Take me to your leader.
- How does an airplane greet its passengers? With a wing and a prayer.
- What do you call an airplane that can sing? Aero-smith.
- What do you call an airplane that is easily offended? A hypersensitive plane.
- Why did the ghost take a plane? To get a haunting experience.
- What do you call an airplane that tells jokes? A jumbo-jester.
- What do you call a plane that can’t take-off? A disappointment.
- What did the airplane say to the other? You’re just winging it.
- Why did the airplane go to the doctor? It was feeling altitude-sick.
- What’s the best way to keep an airplane clean? Use a Cessna towel.
- What do you call a pilot who never flies? A ground-ling.
- What do you call an airplane that flies too low? A skimming-bird.
- What is an airplane’s favourite candy? Plane chocolate.
- Why did the airplane ask for a refund? It wanted its fare-share.
- Why did the airplane date a fighter jet? It liked the thrill of the chase.
- What do you call a bird that flies into a propeller? A rotor-rooter.
- What do you call an airplane that’s been in an accident? A wreck-tangle.
One-Liner Aviation Puns
- I wouldn’t buy a plane from an airline that had a frequent crash program.
- There’s nothing wrong with the plane. It’s just a little condescending.
- What do you call a plane that’s no longer in service? Retired-air.
- Never underestimate the power of a good tailwind.
- Flying may not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price.
- Why did the airplane join the military? It wanted to be part of the Air-force.
- What do you call a turtle that flies a plane? A turbo-turtle.
- Why is there no gambling at airports? Because they have too many slots already.
- What do airplanes use to browse the internet? Sky-Fi.
- Why shouldn’t you ask an airplane for directions? It might give a prop-wrong answer.
- What do you call a group of aviation enthusiasts? Plane posse.
- Why did the airplane go on a diet? So that it could land on a lighter note.
- Airplanes have such a high turnover rate, they are always turning over and over.
- If at first, you don’t fly, skydiving is not for you.
- Flying is not dangerous; .crashing is dangerous.
- I’m a pilot, but my mechanic is my wingman.
- The worst part about being a pilot is telling your parents you’re not going to be a doctor.
- I used to tell airplane jokes, but they always went over people’s heads.
- The sky is not the limit, it’s just the beginning.
- Why did the plane go to the gym? To stay in-flight shape.
- I have never been lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.
- What do you call an airplane that loves to cook? An aero-baker.
- Why did the airplane go to the bank? To get a wingspan loan.
- I have a fear of flying, but I’m working on it. I’m taking wing-chi classes.
- What do you call an airplane that’s always late? A procrastifly.
Funny Puns for Aviation
- Why did the airplane break up with its girlfriend? She was too high-maintenance.
- Why did the airplane go to rehab? It was addicted to jet fuel.
- Why don’t pilots wear sandals? They prefer flip flights.
- What do you call an airplane that’s always running late? A procrastifly.
- How do you know if a plane is vegetarian? It always goes for the ground-beef.
- Why did the airplane join the gym? To stay in-flight shape.
- What do you call an airplane that’s always on the go? A jet-setter.
- Why did the airplane go to the library? It wanted to check out some plane-tomology books.
- What do you call an airplane that’s always in a bad mood? Grouchy-wings.
- Why did the airplane go to the beach? To get a tan-gent.
- Why do pilots prefer flying airplanes to helicopters? Because airplanes don’t chop your arms off.
- Why do airplane pilots never use paper towels? They prefer landing strips.
- Why did the airplane want to get buff? So it could have more lift.
- How do airplanes talk to each other? They use air traffic canto.
- Why did the airplane join the basketball team? To get some air time.
- What’s the difference between an airplane and a trumpet? One goes “toot-toot” and the other goes “toot toot-toot.”
- Why do airplanes make lousy friends? They are always heading in different directions.
- Why did the airplane get a job at the bakery? To make some dough.
- What do you call an airplane that can’t fly? A ground-control.
- Why did the airplane join the police force? To work with plain-clothes officers.
- What do you call a flight attendant who tells jokes? A comedy hostess.
- Why did the airplane break up with the airport? It was a terminal relationship.
- Why did the airplane go to the movie theater? It wanted to see “Plane of the Apes.”
- What do you call an airplane that’s always playing pranks? Aero-trickster.
- Why did the airplane become a vegan? It didn’t want to be fOWL-itarian.
Aviation Puns for Kids
- What did the airplane say to the helicopter? Helicopter, you later.
- Why did the airplane go to space? To impress the other planes.
- What’s an airplane’s favorite drink? Jetspresso.
- Why did the airplane break up with the airport? It wanted to soar.
- What do you call a group of airplanes playing music? A sym-pilot-ic band.
- Why did the airplane get a job as a teacher? It wanted to be a higher education plane.
- What do you call a lion that can fly an airplane? A pilotcat.
- What’s an airplane’s favorite fruit? The air-pear.
- What did the airplane say to the flying saucer? Manned mission, you later.
- Why couldn’t the pirate fly a plane? He couldn’t get the arrr-plane to take off.
- Why did the airplane send a postcard? To say “wings up!”
- How do you know an airplane is smart? It has a scholar-plane degree.
- What do airplanes wear when it’s cold outside? Flight jackets.
- Why did the airplane join the circus? To get some air time.
- What’s an airplane’s favorite food? Aero-nuts.
- Why did the airplane go to the beach? To get its tail wet.
- Why did the airplane go to the doctor? It had a soar throat.
- What do you get if you cross an airplane and a magician? A flying sorcerer.
- Why did the airplane go to school? To learn how to wing it.
- What’s an airplane’s favorite sport? Skydiving.
- Why did the airplane join the circus? It wanted to be a flying trapeze artist.
- Why did the airplane go to the beach? To hang out with the seaplanes.
- What do you call an airplane that’s scared of heights? A ground-plane.
Aviation Puns Used in Movies
The Aviation puns have also been used creatively in movies. Here are a few examples:
- “Airplane!” (1980) – This movie is full of aviation puns and jokes. One of the most famous lines from the movie is, “Surely you can’t be serious.” “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.”
- “Top Gun” (1986) – In this movie, there’s a scene where Maverick (Tom Cruise) says, “I feel the need for speed.”
- “Con Air” (1997) – This movie has a scene where Nicolas Cage’s character says, “Put the bunny back in the box.”
- “Die Hard 2” (1990) – In this movie, there’s a scene where John McClane (Bruce Willis) tries to communicate with the control tower. He says, “Hey, I’m on your side. I got two more out there, and they’re coming in hot.”
- “Iron Man” (2008) – In this movie, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) says, “Sometimes, you gotta run before you can walk.”
Aviation puns are a great way to lighten the mood in the aviation industry while also showcasing creativity. In this article, we presented 111+ hilarious aviation puns that can be used by anyone, from aviation enthusiasts to pilots to kids. We covered the best short aviation puns, one-liner aviation puns, funny puns for aviation, and aviation puns for kids. In addition, we looked at some creative examples of aviation puns from movies.
So, the next time you’re flying or finding yourself around people who love airplanes, don’t be afraid to drop a few aviation puns – they’re sure to take you higher, and make you laugh!